Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ceramique & Chili's

I took Adam to Ceramique, a cafe that kids can paint ceramics which then get glazed and fired in a kiln.  We met Gill and Ella, Tammy and Ellie, and Liam (Gill was looking after him for a friend).  After checking out all the options (they have vases, plates, tiles, picture frames, figurines, etc.), Adam decided on a star-shaped plate.  Then he picked his colors (blue and green, of course - but I added a yellow).  I put one of Shane's undershirts on him in case he made a mess on his clothes and the paint didn't wash off.  Then I let him go for it!   Once his masterpiece was finished, I drew his name and an outline.  I think it turned out pretty good! After that, we all went to Chili's for lunch.  The kids had a great time...now hopefully the plate will turn out good, too!


Adam working on his masterpiece


Selecting his colors


Adam giving me a smile


The finished product


Coloring on the menu at Chili's


Adam, Ella, Liam, and Ellie at Chili's

No comments: