Friday, June 13, 2008

Listen for the bell...


Margaret and Vic with Adam (7 weeks old)

Today is Victor's last day of radiation treatments!  Vic is the father of my best friend, Kim.  Their family "adopted" me when I was young and they haven't been able to get rid of me yet!  Vic was diagnosed with Sino-Nasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC) earlier this year and has been undergoing chemotherapy and radiation.  So far, things are looking up, as the chemotherapy shrunk the tumor down to nothing!  The radiation treatments have been hard on him, leaving painful ulcers in his throat and mouth, making it difficult for him to speak or eat.  Earlier this week, his temperature rose to a scary 104, and he was admitted into the hospital.  He is doing better, and his white blood cell counts are back up.  His last radiation treatment is scheduled for today at 1:00 pm Houston time.  Once that happens he will get to ring his "Vic"tory bell (literally - there is a bell outside the radiation room) and be able to start the healing process.  I look forward to hearing that bell, Vic - and I will be listening for it around 9 pm (in Doha)!!!  

No comments: