Sunday, September 28, 2008

Qatar - our last day!

Well, here we are!  It's our last day in Doha, Qatar, the place we have called home for the last 2 years.  I am a bit sad to leave it and all of our friends.  In spite of all of the things that I don't like about it, I will miss Qatar, partly because it has become familiar to me, and I have come to feel at home here.  I will also miss the friends that I am leaving here.  Some of them are EM, so it is likely that we will meet again, whether it be in Houston or on some other expat assignment.  However some of them are not, so it will be more difficult to "run into" them, but you never know!  This is a very small world, after all.  

We leave for the airport tonight around 7 pm.  I am holding my breath until the dogs get checked in, as the KLM folks have to tag them exactly right or else we risk getting them thrown into quarantine in Tokyo.  Pray for us and for them...this flight will be hard on them.  I am praying that all will go well, and that we will land in Yuzhno with the dogs in tow.  

Stay tuned...my next post will hopefully be made from Russia!!!

No comments: