Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

This was the image seen the night before we left Houston.  Once I saw Jim Cantore reporting from Galveston, I knew that it was going to hit there, and that Liberty would get it's fair share of the storm.  My family decided to stay put and "hunker down" as the news advised.  I found some pictures of Ike's aftermath in Liberty on the local website.  The links are here and here.  

My Mom and Nini both had minimal damage to their property.  A tree in the front yard of my Mom's house is down, fortunately in the street, not the house or on the cars.  Part of the fence at Nini's house is down.  And of course there are huge limbs and debris all over the place.  They are also without power right now, and from reports that I have seen it is going to take a few weeks to get it back.  I am glad that no one was hurt and that there was no major damage to their houses.  

No comments: