Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Siberia, I mean Sakhalin

While we were in Hawaii, Sakhalin received massive amounts of snow, especially for this time of year.  When we got back, our house looked the same as it did at the end of March of last year.  There was at least 3.5 or 4 feet on the ground!  And it was still coming....there was a blizzard expected the night we arrived and it continued for 2 days.  Since then, the temperatures dropped.....WAY down.  I don't remember experiencing subzero (and I'm talking Fahrenheit, not Celsius) temperatures last year.  This morning my thermometer read -16 F!  Yikes, that's cold.  That's probably the coldest weather I've been in.  Last year the lowest I remember seeing was 1 or 2 degrees Fahrenheit.  So who knows what the rest of the Winter will bring us...all I know is I'm ready to hit the slopes!


Adam is dressed for the cold


Our house when we returned


The snow is piled up!


up to my elbows in snow


Adam and Shane sledding down the street

No comments: