Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crazy American!

I went to Carrefour today because I heard that they were starting to carry heaters. I wanted to buy a few for this winter, since last winter the house was freezing. The tile floors and cement walls are designed to retain the cold, so in the winter (which can actually get down to 40F), it is a freezer in here! The houses also all have reflective glass in all the windows to keep the heat out. All this stuff is great in the summer, but not so great in the winter. Anyway, when I was in line, the Arab man in front of me sized up my basket and said, "Hi, Madame, you know those are heaters, right?". I explained to him that last year was very cold and all the stores were out when we really needed them, so I was going to get them early this year. I know he still thought I was nuts buying heaters when it is still 95F outside!

No comments: