Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flooding Fun

At 4:45 AM last Tuesday morning, our fire alarm went off.  Shane and I flew out of bed, searching for a fire.  We didn't find one....instead, we found a flood.  On coming down the stairs, I heard the sound of water rushing.  It was ice cold and about ankle deep.  Shane found the source (a hose under the laundry room sink) and turned off the valve to stop the flow of water.  I called the emergency number, and within minutes, we had numerous people in the house to check it out and begin the clean-up process.  I was very pleased with their response time, and the fact that I wasn't the one to have to clean it up, find a plumber, carpenter, etc.  Just one of the great things about living in company-provided housing!

They determined that the carpet would need to be replaced, along with the laminate flooring in the kitchen and laundry room.  But first, all the sub-flooring had to dry out.  They finally began installing carpeting and flooring on Monday, but as of today (Wednesday), they are still not done.  I am just ready to have my house back, so the longer it takes, the more impatient I become.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be their last day, and I can get all of this furniture out of my living room!

Some pictures:


Carpet and pad after the flood


Drying out the plywood sub-floor


Drying out my rugs :(

2 comments:

dee said...

UGH UGH UGH! I hope your place is put back together by now! I haven't checked your blog for awhile. You have some good pictures of fall, the ugly flies, Adam's self portrait and school work, and hey, who would have thunk it.... ponies here on Sakhalin for a birthday party! fun fun fun!~

Annie said...

Did they finally fix it?